The SACHS product portfolio
BMW motorcycles are operated with SACHS motorcycle clutches
When it comes to motorcycle parts, SACHS is internationally recognized as an expert in this product segment. For decades, each BMW motorcycle that comes off the line was fitted with a high-quality motorcycle clutch from SACHS. It guarantees optimum reliability, perfection and dynamics, which also make it highly durable. SACHS clutches for BMW motorcycles consist of motorcycle clutch disks, motorcycle diaphragm springs, motorcycle clutch plates, motorcycle clutch plate housing and motorcycle clutch housings. Clutches for BMW motorcycles and clutch kits for BMW motorcycles are produced exclusively from high-quality materials using the most state-of-the-art technology for motorcycle design and production.
Motorcycle parts from SACHS
For the spare parts market, SACHS adheres to exactly the same requirements as it does for original equipment. This means that motorcycle parts for the aftermarket and BMW motorcycle parts like the SACHS motorcycle clutches are also produced according to OEM specifications and from OEM materials. If a motorcycle clutch is due to be replaced, a SACHS replacement clutch offers the same optimal performance and power transfer. BMW motorcycle parts from SACHS are additionally impressive due to their extremely long service lives.
Motorcycle clutch needs replacement?
Checking motorcycle clutches is part of the daily work of a motorcycle repair shop. If the check-up shows that the clutch is defective, the shop removes the old clutch and installs a new one. The practical SACHS motorcycle clutch kit is perfect for this because it comes with all the clutch components needed to replace a BMW clutch, making the job smooth and easy for the shop. The SACHS motorcycle clutch kit consists of:
Motorcycle clutch disks in OE quality for gentle shifting and optimal power transmission. The disk comes with the appropriate friction material just as if it were an OE part.
- Motorcycle diaphragm springs made of high-quality spring steel for reliable power transmission and extremely comfortable shifting
- Motorcycle clutch plates with precision-cut friction surface for optimal power transmission and durability
- Motorcycle clutch housing plates that are perfectly aligned with the clutch disks
- Motorcycle clutch housing with OE starter ring gear
The TRW product portfolio
Motorcycle clutches are vital to safety and performance, providing the all-important link between the engine and the wheel. The TRW Motorcycle Clutch range offers motorcycle friction plates for oil-bath and dry clutches, steel plates and reinforced clutch springs as complete sets for almost all motorcycle models. Manufactured from the most durable of materials to maximize both safety and performance, we offer a choice of motorcycle clutch components to suit almost every application and can even improve the efficiency of older motorcycles.
We offer premium quality motorcycle clutch spare parts because we’re an agile, global business that listens to customers and delivers the innovations that you need. All this goes hand in hand with our drive to deliver wide range coverage and premium quality. Because we’re global, our technical, service and performance standards on the TRW motorcycle clutch range and beyond is the same the world over. That’s what enables us to create added value for you through product differentiation, leading technology and service that you trust, anywhere in the world.
The TRW complete “Clutch Superkit” makes clutch replacement easy as never before. Assorting the individual components of the clutch is no longer necessary. “Superkits” are available for many popular motorcycles and they save money because they contain every individual part needed – friction plates, clutch steel plates, clutch springs and, if required, the clutch cover gasket.
The TRW Motorcycle Clutch Superkit range gives you:
- Complete Clutch Superkits, containing every individual part needed, make clutch replacement easy as never before.
- A cheaper solution than the sum of the single parts and because all components match perfectly it saves on fitting time.
Motorcycle clutches are vital to safety and performance, providing the all-important link between the engine and the wheel. Manufactured from the most durable of materials to maximize both safety and performance, we offer a choice of motorcycle clutch friction plates to suit almost every application.
The TRW Motorcycle Clutch friction plate range gives you:
- Maximum performance and precise transmission of power.
- A wide range of clutch friction plates with different friction materials to suit any engine size and application.
- Motorbike clutch friction plates for oil-bath and dry clutches.
- Special clutch parts for Harley-Davidson and BMW.
- Special solutions with the Powerkit and the Competition friction material
- Racing clutch friction with exceedingly heat resistance, durable and resistant to extreme mechanical stress.
TRW Motorcycle Clutch Friction Plates – better by design
TRW Motorcycle Clutch plates deliver the robust performance and long part lifespan that keeps customers satisfied. TRW is a global leader in the design, development and manufacture of safety critical, original equipment quality in automotive braking, steering and suspension parts and systems, and we’re always working to refine every element of the complete systems. TRW Clutch Friction Plates offer excellent durability and consistent performance at highest temperatures. Power transmission is guaranteed, even under most extreme conditions. We offer different friction materials for an excellent match of the specifications of the original part, and optimised dimensions and design help maximise power transmission.
Motorcycle Clutch friction plates with a comprehensive range of friction solutions
TRW Motorcycle Clutch Friction Plate sets come with different friction materials to suit almost any engine size and application. We offer a wide range of friction solutions for touring and sports bikes, custom bikes and racing, and off-roaders, quads and ATVs. Special parts for Harley-Davidson are also included as dry clutches for BMW.
- For maximum strength, choose the TRW "Competition Kit" where the high carbon content of the friction material guarantees stable pressure point and exceptional control. With a “Competition Kit”, riders can use the motorcycle as they want to, with no weaknesses in the transmission, while an intelligent mix of materials gives maximum service life with optimum friction properties.
- TRW “Power Kits” are specifically designed for BMW and Ducati motorbikes. Available for many models of these legendary brands they come as complete sets with clutch friction plates and steel plates as complete sets. TRW “Power Kits” convince with highest wear resistance and top performance even at extreme temperatures.
- Racing clutches from TRW are exceedingly heat resistant, durable and resistant to extreme mechanical stress. Their ultimate friction material makes them ideal for use on the track or for sporty riding on the road. The friction material is based on a compound with a high carbon content and selected raw materials. This gives the friction clutch plates perfect grip and allows for maximum transmission of power.
On the racetrack, TRW racing clutch components show their full potential. They retain their shape even under extreme temperatures and high pressure. This prevents clutch slipping or sticking even at the highest speeds and torques. The clutch works with absolute precision, ensuring perfect control and maximum safety. Ideal for performance enhanced motorbikes and for racing use!
The TRW name on a clutch part has always been a guarantee of premium product quality, safety and performance. Our motorbike clutch springs are manufactured from the most durable of materials for enhanced quality and performance and to suit every application.
TRW Clutch Springs, supplied as a set, are reinforced to enable the clutch function to be maintained for longer, particularly on older or extreme off-road bikes. The springs provide an effective protection against clutch slipping and generate an approximately 10% higher contact pressure compared to original springs.
The TRW Motorcycle Clutch range gives you:
- TRW clutch springs supplied as a complete set.
- A wide range of reinforced clutch springs.
- An increased spring force of more than 10% compared to the original clutch springs.
- Springs with galvanised finish to protect against corrosion.
Motorcycle clutches are vital to safety and performance, providing the all-important link between the engine and the wheel. The TRW Motorcycle Clutch range offers motorcycle steel plates as complete sets for almost all motorcycle models. Manufactured in Germany from the most durable of materials to maximize both safety and performance, we offer a choice of motorcycle clutch plates to suit almost every applicaton.
The TRW Motorcycle Clutch steel plate range gives you:
- Maximum performance and precise transmission of power.
- Premium product quality.
- Steel plates sold as complete set
- High quality non-corrosive steel material
- Exact dimensions and thickness matched to the original spare part.
A clutch range to trust - globally
The TRW name on a clutch part has always been a guarantee of premium product quality, and we’re always working to enhance the quality of our motorbike clutch steel plates even further. TRW Steel Clutch Plates are manufactured using high-quality steel for a long service life. Supplied as a complete set, their thickness and dimensions match the original spare part.
The TRW Motorbike Clutch plate kit is essential
When changing the friction plate set, if you neglect to replace the clutch plates, you will often fail to achieve the required result of an optimally functioning clutch. In racing, changing the steel plates is essential. The colour and quality of the old plates have to be checked and ideally replaced, when changing the clutch friction plates. If the clutch overheats, the steel plates become discoloured and waved, and should therefore be replaced.
Don’t make faults economies!
The TRW name on a clutch part has always been a guarantee of premium product quality, and we’re always working to enhance the quality of our motorbike clutch parts even further.
TRW Motorcycle Steel Braided Clutch Lines give you:
- Ready assembled lines with the same hose lengths as the original parts
- Design matching the TRW brake hoses
- The choice of special lengths or the colour of the fittings and covers
Whether in the short “Racing” or in the longer “Street” version, the adjustable clutch levers from TRW are ergonomically perfect, allowing optimum clutch control.
The TRW clutch levers "Racing" are ideally suited for those who like sporty riding. CNC milled from high quality aluminium, they are ergonomically perfect and easy to operate. The clutch levers "Racing" are available in four different colours.
- The clutch levers provide an outstanding grip.
- Allowing optimum clutch control.
- The adjustment wheel is easy to operate, even with gloves, for perfect individual adjustment of the lever.
- With a grip length of 50 mm they are 30 mm shorter than the "Street" version.
- CNC milled from high quality aluminium, the appealing lightweights score points with their clean design.
- All clutch levers of the “Racing“ version come with a certificate of conformity (TÜV).
- Available in the following colours: black, silver, titanium and in the special colour gold.
- An adjustment wheel in black is standard. On request, it is also available in silver, titanium, blue, red or gold.
- TRW offers as a special service all levers and adjustment wheels also as separate spare parts.
The appealing TRW clutch levers "Street“ are available in black, silver, titanium and in the special colour gold. They come with a certificate of conformity and score points with their ergonomics and their clean design.
- Even with gloves the adjustment wheel is easy to operate for perfect individual adjustment of the lever.
- The clutch levers from TRW offer an excellent grip.
- CNC milled from high quality aluminium, with a defined breaking point for added safety.
- With a grip length of 80 mm they are 30 mm longer than the “Racing“ version.
- All TRW clutch levers “Street“ come with a certificate of conformity (TÜV).
- You can choose from four colours: black, silver, titanium and as a special colour gold.
- As standard, the levers are equipped with a black adjustment wheel, which can also be supplied in silver, titanium, blue, red or gold on request.
- All TRW clutch levers and adjustment kits are also available individually as replacement parts.
Find suitable parts and all associated information in our catalog.